Substances and Heat
Revision and generalization of the unit ‘Substances and Heat’.
Objectives of the lesson: Working in groups and using textbooks, workbooks, information in the tasks, tools and substances and teachers’ help, in compliance with the rules of safety, you will do following :
1. Carry out the tasks assigned;
2. Answer the questions in the tasks;
3. Present the work done in the group to the class;
4. Assess yourself performing task 9 in the workbook (p. 45)
• Group work (pupils are divided into groups considering the number of pupils in the class)
• Text analysis (analyzing the main statements of the unit, pupils fill in the given scheme),
• Performing an experiment (a group of pupils perform an experiment described in the task sheet),
• Discussing specific situations, generalization and submission of the conclusions (in groups, pupils fill in the task sheets),
• Presentation of the work to the class (one or two pupils from the group present the work to the class),
• Self-assessment (when performing task 9 in the workbook, pupils assess the knowledge gained according to the number of correct answers).
Procedure of the lesson:
At the beginning of the lesson, the goal and objectives of the lesson are announced. Pupils make groups for work (they may be divided into groups by the teacher). (5-7 min.)
Pupils work in groups according to the tasks given. (Teachers of Physics and Chemistry monitor the pupils’ work, advise them when needed on how to proceed with the work and where to specify when answering the questions) (12-15 min.).
Pupils’ groups present the tasks performed to the whole class (The screen shows the task and multiple choice answers). Pupils of the class correct the mistakes noticed, evaluate and discuss). (12-15 min.)
Pupils perform task 9 of the workbook (handouts may be given). Correct answers of the task are provided. (Pupils assess themselves according to the number of correct answers) (5-7 min.)
Generalization of the lesson. Teachers assess pupils’ work (5 min.).
|bestpractices1_alytaus 4 MB|
Open the form